We all know that pigmentation is the coloring of the skin. Skin pigmentation can cause color differences in your skin. The pigment that is possible for skin pigmentation or coloration is called melanin. Now hyperpigmentation occurs in the body when there is too much production of melanin in the body.
Hyperpigmentation can cause patches on the skin and make it dark from different spots on the skin. According to the top dermatologist in Islamabad, hyperpigmentation is mostly harmless and can do no bad to the skin. But in rare cases, it can be due to some serious underlying conditions.
But there is nothing to be worried about as hyperpigmentation can be treated easily at home by using natural home remedies.
Home Remedies for Hyperpigmentation and Spots
There are a lot of procedures available in the market that can be used to treat hyperpigmentation and spots on the skin. But all of these procedures are too expensive to try out by everyone. So, there is no need to worry as there are some of the best ways available to treat your skin at home by using quick and easy home remedies. So, let’s dive right into the remedies.
Aloe vera is full of aloin, which is one of the best depigmenting compounds. This has shown excellent results in lightening the skin. This is one of the best treatments that one can use at home to treat the skin.
It is very simple to use aloe vera on the skin. It can be done by:
- Before you go to bed apply aloe vera gel on the skin
- Keep it there overnight and then wash it off the next morning
- Keep on repeating it until your skin pigmentation vanishes
Green Tea Extract
It has been observed that green tea extract can do wonders on your skin when it comes to hyperpigmentation. You just have to go to the market and buy some of the green tea extracts. If you cannot do so, then make sure that you go and buy some teabags that can be applied to the dark spots in order to help vanish the hyperpigmentation.
If you want to try it then follow these steps:
- Take a green tea bad and soak it in boiled water
- Boil it for three to five minutes
- Remove the tea bag from the water
- Let it cool down
- Rub the tea bag on the skin
- Repeat it twice a day until your skin gets better
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is full of acetic acid which can help a lot in lightening the skin tone and reducing dark spots. To bring this remedy into use,
- Take equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water in a container
- Apply this on the dark patches and leave it on for two or three minutes
- Rinse the area with lukewarm water
- Repeat this at least two times a day and achieve the best and desired results
Apple cider vinegar should be used always in diluted form. Applying it in raw form on the skin can result in burning the skin and causing damage.
To lighten skin discoloration, milk can play a very important role. It can lighten the skin tone immensely. The only component that is responsible for causing a brightening effect and in reduction of hyperpigmentation is lactic acid present n the milk.
To use milk for hyperpigmentation you need to:
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in milk
- Rub it on the skin where there are dark patches
- Repeat the procedure until you see the results
Milk, especially buttermilk is really good for hyperpigmentation and can reduce the appearance of dark spots and patches on the skin. This if done repeatedly can brighten the skin and provide you with a glow that is unmatchable.
Red Lentils (Masoor Daal)
Daal masoor or red lentils work great in hyperpigmentation treatment. This is because red lentils are quite rich in antioxidants that are extremely good for the skin. Masks made of red lentils can work great for the skin. You can make your own mask at home by:
- Soaking 50 grams of red lentils in water overnight
- Then use a blender to make a fine paste
- Now apply this paste to your affected area and leave it on for 20 minutes
- Rinse it using cold water and pat it dry using a towel
In case of any allergy, make sure you get your allergy tests done as soon as possible. The allergy test price in Pakistan is very reasonable so it’s easy to get the test done at affordable prices.
Hyperpigme notation can occur on the skin and cause severe damage to the skin if not treated in time. It is important to use all the remedies at home to help find which one works for you the best. Take care of your skin and stay away from sun exposure as much as you can. If you feel your skin health is deteriorating, make sure you visit a dermatologist near you.