A ponytail style conjures up many images, particularly among ladies who enjoy wearing them, which is why human hair ponytail extensions have become a must-have! Depending on the occasion, you can go from a sleek style for work to sensual or chic.
Ponytails have been interpreted in various ways over the years, yet it has remained ageless. Before you get one, let’s go over everything you need to know about ponytail hair extensions!
Human Hair Vs. Synthetic Ponytail Extension
First, you need to know about the two types of ponytail extensions as a beginner. Almost every extension or wig is either made of synthetic or the best human hair extensions.
Human Hair Ponytail Extensions
- As the name implies, these ponytail extensions are made of human hair, and you can treat and style ponytail hair extensions like your actual hair.
- Human hair ponytail hair extensions offer styling versatility and can be heat-styled just like your hair! There are plenty of textures and lengths to choose from that resemble your hair texture, like wavy or curly hair ponytail extension, and provide a natural result.
Synthetic Ponytail Extensions
- Synthetic ponytail extensions are made entirely of synthetic fibers and cannot be treated like your hair.
- Synthetic ponytail extensions are easier to maintain and don’t need to be styled after every wash but note that you cannot heat-style synthetic ponytail extensions. Unlike ponytail hair extensions, synthetic extensions are weather resistant.
- Like ponytail hair extensions, synthetic ones are also available in various lengths, colors, and textures. Still, due to the unnatural shine of synthetic fibers, they don’t blend as well as their counterparts.
The latter is the better choice between synthetic and human hair ponytail extensions due to the many advantages they offer.
How Do You Attach Ponytail Extensions?
Ok, let’s get into the steps to attach ponytail hair extensions:
- Brush your natural hair tie it into a high ponytail.
- Brush your ponytail extension and insert the clip on your ponytail.
- After securing the clip, use the velcro strap to wrap it around the base. If you use a drawstring ponytail extension, tighten it and tuck the excess string.
- Once it’s secured, use a curler or a straightener to style!
Ponytail Styling Tips You Need To Know
While perfecting the art of wearing ponytail hair extensions takes some time, we’ve compiled a list of tips to help you go from a rookie to a pro in no time.
- It’s easier and faster to style your ponytail extensions if you do it ahead of time. You can even use an extension hanger and secure your ponytail extension to style before installing it.
- Back-combing is one of the easiest ways to achieve additional volume. Back-comb your hair and use hairspray before tying it into a ponytail. The results will leave you speechless.
- Style your straight or wavy ponytail extension beforehand using the first extension hanger trick if you don’t have a curly hair ponytail.
- For a seamless and natural result, use a section of hair and wrap it around the base of your ponytail. It will help conceal the hair tie as well!
Hairstyles With Ponytail Extensions
Braided Ponytail With Kinky Ponytail
At this point, Ariana Grande and ponytail hairstyles have become synonymous. This braided ponytail with kinky straight texture made with remy human hair extensions is a great look. Add a bit of accessory, and you are good to go!
The Retro Ponytail
Celebrities have been obsessed with retro flipped hairstyles and have transitioned into flipped ponytail hairstyles since 2021. It is a great spring hairstyle to wear with ponytail human hair extensions.
Long And High Ponytail
This long and high ponytail hairstyle will boost your confidence and lift your mood if you are going out! The sleek foundation with a straight and care-free ponytail blends well and provides a stunning result.
Ponytails have been a go-to for many women, and human hair ponytail extensions make it possible for them to achieve length and volume instantly.
Since you know ponytail hair extensions are better than synthetic ones, how to attach ponytail extensions, and a few styling tips, what are you waiting for? Shop the best ponytail hair extensions from Halo Couture, select from various colors, and create your own signature style!